Thursday, December 20, 2012

Fire and Ice

The following is a brief synopsis of my beef with AHARM directors to date. Since my first post just goes into the dirt and not the reasons behind my decision to go the way I did with it all.

Crazy and I did not speak often. We had opposing viewpoints on alot of things but I did respect him. I actually did call for his resignation this summer due to his timezone discrepancy. As you all might know, he moved to australia but was supposed to be running EU tz which is practically the other side of the world. I told him it was not fair to the guys in europe to have a leader that could not be awake at the same time they played. He disagreed. I had to respect that since we were on equal ground as directors and Robert was too busy robbing nullsec blind and playing League of Legends when he was not doing that. Asides from that, Crazy did a great job as an FC. I think I am going to have to catch up with him now though. One thing I have to say about him is this. He went out like a gentleman last week and kept it as civil as possible. Cheers to you for standing up and saying I am not going to sit around and see how this farce plays out. I did not do that but, thats the beauty of free will.

I did not like Nalren in his position as director because he is all about making rules to make governance easier. This in turn lead to the inflexibility that corp currently is mired in. Now, if you even dare to organize something to entertain others, the result is scrutiny and a the possibility of being forbidden from doing said activity. A few months ago, I tried to set up a squad of players to grief in other corps home systems. Killing miners, harvesters, PI haulers, you know the kind of things that are just asking to die in such untamed places such as wormhole space. He had Corbexx approach me and tell me that I should not kill people who might help defend us. (evidently AHARM now has blues even if they arent marked as such in game) I decided to just put the whole thing aside and not do it because policy was so stifling on the matter.

I truly respected and trusted Slumber until he confirmed what I had observed about outgoing players in AHARM that were quitting EVE. Which was he was buying up their accounts with dollars, keeping the choice toons for himself and selling the others on market for ISK. Which is in my opinion just another form of real money trading in EVE. Even though I purchased an account about half a decade ago, I never considered doing it for a form of income in game ever. I find it unethical and against everything we all stood for in AHARM. On top of that, after he confessed his RMT dealings to me, him and Nalren had the gall to tell me that we in fact had blues without having any blues. That I should not attack players industrial characters because it might make them angry and less likely to defend Nova against the coming storm of Exhale. I found this to be weak and pathetic. Once he told me to back off from ganking industrial toons, I set my plans into motion to give Exhale a headstart in Nova.

I have since the thefts that were laid at the feet of Gerwiga, Edsabi and Demorest, known about Roberts involvements in them and that he did them out of malice and wrath. As CEO of AHARM the fiscal gain was marginal for him. That was not his motive. He was sick of people not reading his mails about putting corp ships back so, in terms that Redo once used to describe my behavior about A-team(AHARM's siege wing), he was taking his ball and going home with it so no one could play. Once common sense came back to him, he realized he was going to need a scapegoat. The rest is history that most folks know. Thievery is a crime that comes easy to Robert/Allamar when he is made mad. Intrepid Crossing can testify to that as well. 





 
Two Step actually threatened me the other day! In his words, I should take down the blog that I wrote because I might still want to play this game! @Two Step, I have a big surprise for you coming in the new year! You are going to love it and by love it I mean hate it and curse my very existence. I guess I should say that the rest of W-space will love it.

Basically, I feel sorry for the average member of AHARM at this point. The leaders are blinded by where they have been and have not a clue where they are going and it is going to end in the slow painful death of the group. Robert Frost's poem Fire and Ice was one of the things that made me decide to go on ahead and give Hathrul all of our defence fittings and pos intel. If AHARM is to die, I would prefer it to be in fire and die quickly rather than starve out in the cold slowly. It is much more humane that way. At least folks will get some good fights and there will be less bro on bro hate in the end that way.

And to conclude this blog forever, I quote Fire and Ice.

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice. 


Farewell AHARM, I hope the fire of Nova burns bright instead of being snuffed out by the cold winds of desolation.